Skill-a-Thon Winners Shine at N.C. State Fair
Congratulations to all the participants of the 2018 Annual Poultry Skill-A-Thon at the N.C. State Fair!
The Skill-A-Thon, held October 11, 2018, tests participants on their poultry knowledge. Students compete in two categories: Junior Class (9-13 years old) and Senior Class (14-18 years old).
First-place winners received trophies. All other placed finishers received ribbons. Every winning participant took home bragging rights for strutting their poultry stuff!
Junior Class winners
- Christopher “Goose” Bernash (Union County) – 1st place
- Matthew Peluso (Craven County) – 2nd place
- Mikhala Leven, Elizabeth Peluso, Connor Howard (all Craven County) – 3rd place tie
Senior Class winners
- Zachery Keeter (Halifax County) – 1st place
- Roscoe Reeves (Buncombe County) – 2nd place
- Stacie Winner (Nash County) – 3rd place
For additional information
NC State University
Prestage Department of Poultry Science
Raleigh, NC 27695-7608