4-H Avian Bowl Competition
What is Avian Bowl?
Avian Bowl is a team quiz event that tests participants’ knowledge of a wide range of avian topics.
Avian Bowl is meant to make learning fun and stimulate youth interest in poultry.
Registration for the 2019 State-level 4-H Poultry Judging & Avian Bowl is OPEN.
Registration will close July 8, 2019.
National 4-H Avian Bowl Manual
THE 2019 STUDY PACKET WILL INCLUDE:
All questions and answers will come from the following material in the 2016 version of the Avian Bowl Manual:
- Avian systems (Only Circulatory, Nervous, Excretory, Muscle and Skeletal) – pages 39-40
- Breeds, varieties, and strains (AOSB and Miscellaneous only) – Pages 79-80
- Raising game birds (All) – pages 81-99
- Eggcyclopedia (Eggs from A-Z through Chantilly Meringue) AND (Sabayon sauce through Zeaxanthin) – pages 103-110 and 145-151B
- Raising your home flock (All) – Pages 151C-161
- Contributions of poultry to the development of science (All) – Pages 169-170
- Avian influenza (All) – Pages 181-182l
For additional information contact
Dr. Mary Fosnaught
4-H & Youth Development Extension Associate
NC State Extension
Prestage Department of Poultry Science
Raleigh, NC 27695-7608